13 Great Reasons to Laugh!
1. Laughter is FREE.
2. Laughter strengthens the immune system.
3. Laughter is anti ageing.
4. Laughter reduces depression and anxiety.
5. Laughter builds confidence.
6. Laughter improves our sense of humor.
7. Laughter encourages creativity, imagination and problem solving.
8. Laughter is an aerobic exercise equivalent to cardiovascular exercise.
9. Laughter increases the body’s natural painkillers.
10. Laughter reduces stress related hormones.
11. Laughter defuses anger and resentment.
12. Laughter connects people.
13. Laughter is FUN!
Laughter Yoga… What is it?
No mat required, only a willingness to be playful! We will explore the benefits of laughter in the workplace and to health in general, and consider how to create more laughter on a daily basis. Laughter Yoga is a great team builder and workplace wellness activity.
Laughter Yoga is a physically-oriented technique that uses a perfect blend of playful, empowering and otherwise "tension-releasing" simple laughter exercises, interspersed with gentle breathing and stretching exercises. This is done as a way to improve health, increase well-being. In Laughter Yoga you use laughter as a tool, not an emotion.
Because it does not rely on the mind at all, Laughter Yoga helps you to easily distance yourself from your stress, sadness, worries, self-defined limitations, etc. As a result you do not need to be happy, have a sense of humor, or even have a reason in order to laugh. Laughter Yoga bases itself on the philosophy of “acting happiness”. We “simulate to stimulate.” In time fake laughter becomes genuine and flows out like a fountain.
Laughter Yoga crosses all barriers: age, gender, language, culture, physical abilities, race, religion, political beliefs, etc. because laughter is part of the universal human vocabulary.
The therapeutic value of Laughter has been thoroughly and scientifically researched in the past 40 years, and its physical benefits proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Today there are over 6000 Laughter Clubs worldwide, counting 250,000+ members.